I just had one.  And I don't want to forget.  And my life (and brain) seem to be filling up with so much these days that I tend to forget.  And I can't.  I just can't.

I got to rock my sweetie to sleep tonight.  Her sleep has been weird these last 2 nights.  I put her to bed tonight just like I always do and a bit after she started crying.  Occasionally, this will happen and she will sort herself out after a few minutes but not tonight.  That being out of the norm, it makes me wonder if she is feeling ok, etc.  So, I went upstairs and tried to soothe her.  That so didn't work.  So, I got her out and rocked her for a bit.  She calmed down and was looking rather peaceful so I put her back down.  And she started crying again.  I say crying, but it was pretty intense.

So, I let her cry for a bit again to see if she just needed to get it out but after a few minutes, that was not the case.  So, I decided to go up again.  And what a blessing it was to me.  Thank you Lord for giving me that precious 20 minutes with my lovey!

Anyone who knows her knows how active she is.  Always moving.  Always.  So, I grabbed her and got in the glider and just started rocking.  After a few minutes, she put her head on my shoulder and my heart melted.  I had the honor of staring into her big, beautiful brown eyes as they got sleepier and sleepier until she shut them.  We were just staring at one another.  And it was beautiful.  Do I hate that something was bothering her enough to cry so much, yes.  But it turned into such a sweet moment.

I continued to just rock with her until she was long past asleep because she was just so peaceful on me. She was still and cuddly and so cute.  I couldn't bear to put her back in bed.  (Of course, I must have, because she is not on me right now as I type, ha!)  So we just rocked and we prayed.  I am so thankful that I got that time tonight.  I noticed today (and so did Keenan, at a different time!) that all of a sudden, she has grown a ton of hair and it got me thinking how quickly she is going from baby to what will all too soon be a little girl.  Ahhhh, here come the tears again.  So thank you Lord for giving me this time tonight with my baby!  I will cherish it forever.


This entry was posted on 8:29 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: