Emily Anne had her 2 month birthday yesterday!  She is growing up so quickly.  She smiles easily and I just love it when she cracks up.  Can't wait to hear a giggle!  She and I do talk right now though.  Her little sounds are so sweet and I just repeat them back to her.  We can go on like this for a few minutes- its great!

Baby girl is still doing great at night-- getting a solid 6-8 hours in straight (Mommy LOVES that!).  Naps are going well, slowly getting a bit longer each day!  She has started batting at one of the hanging rattles on her activity gym.  She is also opening her hands more and more to touch or feel things.  I even caught her looking in the mirror yesterday.  And just today, she started rubbing her eyes like crazy when she was tired.  It was SO cute!  We are finding that if we lay her down on her mat to play like her and the tv is on, she will turn her head as far as she can to watch it.  Really.  We have to turn it off to get her attention back!  Right now she really loves when I sing to her.  I just sing little rhymes and all- her favorite is 5 little ducks.

Current nicknames:  Little Nut (like Little Nutbrown Hare from Guess How Much I Love You), Little Monkey, Little Polar Bear, Baby Girl

I think my favorite time of the day is bath time.  Sometimes she will still cry when I am rinsing her head (not in a week or so though!) or right before I wrap her up in a towel but other than that, she really likes it.  I think she enjoys the warm water and Keen and I both talk and sing to her.  Her favorite bath time song is Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star.  I also LOVE the way her hair is all poofy no matter how well I brush it down while it is wet!

Some things I am loving right now:
-The way she stretches when she wakes up.
-The way she holds onto my shirt when she eats.
-How she cracks up.
-The way she smells.
-Watching her sleep.
-That she likes it when I sing.
-Her "big eye" look.
-How much she loves her daddy-- for real, she can be crying, he walks in the door and looks at her and she breaks into smiles!

We went to the doctor today and got her shots.  She had 3 shots in her legs and 1 she had to take orally.  She did great with the oral shot and quite good with the regular ones.  She cried, of course, but as soon as I picked her up and held her she stopped.  She will probably be a bit cranky tonight but thats just fine!  Here were her birth stats and where she is now:

Height: 20 in./ 23 1/2 in.  (I can tell because she has totally filled out her 3 month clothes!)
Weight: 8 lbs./ 12 lbs. 11 oz  (Whoa!  Baby girl likes to eat---its music to my ears!!)

She is in the 90-95th percentile for both height and weight and the 25th percentile for her head measurements.  Doctor said that everything looked good and that she was doing great!  Here are some 2 months pictures I took yesterday.  Enjoy!!!














 Now, do you notice anything similar in the next pictures?????  Yeah, that is a picture of me from 2 months!  Crazy, right?!?!





I am going to be using my jogging stroller tomorrow, yeah!  Wish I could have used it the last few days but apparently its still winter here in Georgia- ha!  The weather is supposed to get much better and I think it will be very nice this weekend and next week while we are in Florida!



This entry was posted on 6:36 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: