Can you believe that 8 weeks ago (almost at this very moment as I write this), I was giving birth?!?!  Crazy!  I remember having a friend visit in the hospital and her little girl was right at 2 months and I remember thinking how little Emily Anne was compared to her.  And that's where we are now!  I don't really notice how big she has gotten (and we don't have a scale) since I see her every day.  But, Keenan took her on a walk yesterday around the neighborhood and since it has gotten cold again (come on, Spring, where did you go???), we put her in this super cute sheep outfit that some dear friends in Scotland gave to us last summer.  Now, she has worn it before and it was plenty big on her.  Yesterday, it was a struggle to put on!!!!  It still fit but barely.  Barely as in it might not fit tomorrow or at least it won't next week!

Here are some pics from today--sorry so many...actually, I'm not!!!  I can't help but post them all!



































She is really starting to get some personality and that is VERY fun!  She just cracks up all the time now.  She is not laughing yet but its almost like she is laughing without any sound!  Its so cute!

She started sleeping in her crib just before 6 weeks and she goes down very well!  Right now she does not consistently sleep through the night but sometimes she does.  The best thing for her has been to unswaddle her arms.  It wasn't that she was just breaking out of it, because I even went and got a special one that had velcro.  She would wake up SO frustrated because she could not move her arms.  For about 4 months she did not stop moving inside me ever, so why would it be any different now??  Once I took her arms out she was such a happy baby!!  Its nice having her arms out at night but it does make it tough for naps because she will move her arms and as soon as they touch the mattress, she jerks them up and it ends up waking her up!

Naps are going ok.  I have been writing down my schedule all day to help see consistencies and to see what works well for her.  I am noticing that she is not able to transition yet in her sleep cycle during the nap so she tends to wake up around 30 minutes (seriously, to the minute!) but I know once she can self soothe she will transition just fine, so no worries!  If she sleeps, she sleeps, if not, oh well!  Its a lot easier to handle things during the day when I am getting a little more sleep at night.  Its mostly just tough because then she wakes up and she is still tired so when I feed her she wants to sleep and she gets overtired much easier by the time she goes back down for a nap.  But, its trial and error-- we will figure it out together!!

The hard part about writing down the schedule is that I really need to be here all day everyday to try and give her consistency as well.  But, I broke down and went to Babies R Us yesterday!  I used gift cards to get an AWESOME baby stroller (seriously, it even has speakers to play music from my phone-- not why I got it, just an extra feature) and had enough left over to cover half the price of a box of diapers!!  Can't wait to put together the jogger this weekend and use it.  And we are taking it to the beach.

Oh yeah, we will be taking a 9 week old to the beach.  The actual beach part will be great, but are we crazy for trying to take her on what would normally be a 7 hour drive????  I think maybe a little crazy!

I was talking with Keenan the other night and realized that my memory is already pretty fuzzy on some things when we started dating.  Like, big things!  It made me really sad.  I truly think I have always had a poor memory (I know everyone says this, but for real) and I realized that I wanted to remember things from now.  From my life to things with me and Keen to milestones or just daily happenings with EA.  So, I really want to try and blog more.  Even if it is just a sentence or two or some pics.  I really don't want to look back on this time and it be fuzzy!  I would love to use one of those services and turn the blog into a coffee table book.  No promises here, but I am pretty motivated!  It just may take me a whole day of naptimes to get one written!  Ha!  Maybe once our naps get a little longer I can crank one out during a single naptime.

So, I LOVE watching her sleep.  Even if she is not moving, its just precious to me.

Things really have been good.  The first few weeks were hard, not going to lie.  I have heard people say, I can't believe they are letting me go home with a newborn??? and I thought I got it.  But, WHOA--  THEY ARE LETTING ME- SARAH KLAYMAN- GO HOME WITH A NEWBORN?  I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.  HOW DO I FEED HER?  HOW DO I MAKE SURE SHE IS GETTING ENOUGH?  I HAVEN'T EVEN CHANGED A DIAPER (Keen lovingly did that while we were in the hospital!)???  I CAN'T DO THIS!!!  I get it now!!!

But, we pushed through and here we are at 8 weeks.  Maybe one day I will do a post about the "real life of a first time mom"- ha!  Don't want to scare anyone though!!!

I am starting to get back into the swing of things, cooking, cleaning, etc.  Once I can add it outings again (once I get a schedule down!) I will be good to go.  Until then, I have plenty I can do here!  Well, the babe is stirring and NOT transitioning to the next cycle so I will go get her!  Once I get some pics taken of 8 weeks (in something other than pjs, ha!) I will post this blog!



This entry was posted on 11:58 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Jessie said...

    Real life: no sleep, no make-up, dirty clothes everywhere, milk everywhere...and blessed beyond measure!!! Love you, sweet friend!! So glad you have made it through the hardest first weeks :)

  1. ... on March 22, 2013 at 8:20 PM