So, this post is about 2 weeks late--- but better late than never right?  I had my very first baby shower on October 13 and it was hosted by Leah and Bobbie.  It was a couple's shower and it was so much fun!  Leah and Bobbie (and their very sweet husbands) made the shower look incredible!


The shower was at Leah and Aaron's house.

Kevin and April

There were flowers and banners and twine-- oh my!

And this beautiful swing!

This was set up for the gifts and cards.

They had made these diaper envelopes out of scrapbook paper because we were having a diaper shower.  In the invites was a little paper explaining that Keenan and I are going to do cloth diapers.  However, we are not sure yet what kind we will get and a local store here in Athens offers a program where you get to try the different cloth diapering systems for two weeks and then can buy which type you like.  So, we just asked for money so we can buy the type we like when the time comes.  We were so blessed by everyone in their generosity and we can't wait to try the different diapers!

It was such a sweet night and it was fun hanging out with some friends.  We also had a relay race for the boys- and that was incredible.  Not going to lie-- I saw a video of this posted on Bobbie's wall some months BEFORE I found out I was pregnant and knew I wanted a couple's shower and that relay- so as soon as I found out I was pregnant, I asked them to do it!!!  Here are some pics from the relay-- the boys were split into  two teams and they had to down a baby bottle of milk, one boy had to spoon yogurt into another boy's mouth, another had to put a cloth diaper on a baby, then another had to put the baby into a car seat and put the car seat into the car- correctly!  It was so fun!






It was a very fun relay and a very fun night!!!  Thank you to Bobbie and Leah for a perfect first baby shower!  I love you two so much and I am so thankful that you are in my life!!!



This entry was posted on 10:21 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: