Ok, the title should really read "Since I've Been Gone" but thats not the name to a song that is just so fun to scream sing in the car when no one else is there.  Yeah, I have been gone for a long time on here.  We have had some big life events here and as each one happens, I think, man, I need to do a blog on that.  Well, then my list turns into 10 different blog posts and that is just mentally overwhelming so I just put it off!  I actually have a moment to sit down and breathe today and thought, each post doesn't have to be some huge thing with tons of pics, so here goes.  Our life since we returned from Scotland and had our first ultrasound:

1- As soon as we got back from Scotland, we went and looked at houses with an agent.  We saw one (our of 7) that we really liked.

2- We went to a family reunion in Ohio the weekend before school started and a sweet friend who lived in the neighborhood of the house we liked emailed us a few other houses that were for sale.  We thought we should at least look through them since we were going to look at houses the day we got back- made our list of the one we really wanted to look at and the three "since we are in the area".

3- Got back from reunion LATE Monday night and looked at houses the next day.  Couldn't go see the one we really wanted to because it was under contract already, so we went to look at 2 others from our maybes and a few others that were already on the list to go see.

By the way, we were looking the Tuesday BEFORE I START SCHOOL ON WEDNESDAY....

4- Feel in love with one of those "maybe" houses and put an offer in on it THAT NIGHT.....as in, the night before I went back to school!

5- After negotiating, offer was accepted on Friday night.  Then, began 3 weeks of inspections, calls, visits, getting paperwork together AND

6- Both of us starting school.  As any other public school teacher knows, this is a year with LOTS of change, so that was pretty crazy.

7- About three weeks after our offer was accepted, we closed (August 28th) and moved in that night- thanks to some really wonderful friends around here!

8-Then, Keenan left for a retreat the next morning and was gone for 3 days!

9- I think it was within this time we find out we are having a GIRL!!! We are beyond thrilled and we announce that we will name her Emily Anne Klayman!!!

10- Spend the next weekend having family (both sides) come up and bring truckloads of things help us unpack and get some things we need for the house.  Haha!  For real, though, they have been SUCH a huge help!!!

11- Less than three weeks after we move in (and are still slowly getting unpacked and putting rooms together), we find a HUGE part of our ceiling in our front room that has water dripping out of it.  Luckily, we caught it before too much dripped out and the carpet was not ruined.  But, over the next week few hours (Saturday night) we had lots of different emergency people come by to help diagnose and try to fix whatever it was making the leak.  Keen actually ended up finding it-- the pipe that the HVAC condensation goes out was disconnected and apparently, there was a second, back-up pipe but it was lower than the first.  So, while the drip pan (and emergency shut off should have worked) the water was going out at the lower level of this other pipe, which went NOWHERE!  Well, to be precise, it went over our front room ceiling, which is why the water was just a-comin' down!  Good to know where the problem came from when we finally figured it out, but no fun fixing it in our first 3 weeks!!!

12- That was probably about 3 weeks ago and our time has been filled with getting a new ceiling, trying to get ahead (ha!) for school and just everyday life things!  We are absolutely loving our new house and we love having family and friends over.

I am now 24 weeks pregnant:


These were actually taken last weekend (23 weeks) when Keenan and I went to Blue Ridge to pick some apples!  I need to start taking a weekly picture to I can look back on it, I know!  Maybe I can start remember to do that!!

I also went to an amazing conference: Becoming.  Bobbie and I went last year and LOVED it.  This year, some ladies from church also went and some other friends and it was just as wonderful!!!  I need to do a post on it because I learned some really cool things!!!  That's all for now--time to go register as I have 3 baby showers in the next 3 weekends and I currently have only registered for 7 items- ha!  I will leave you with a picture of our beautiful house-- more will come I promise!!




This entry was posted on 10:32 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

    April said...

    love the picture of the house! hope to see y'all soon!!!

  1. ... on October 7, 2012 at 2:20 PM  
  2. Sarah Klayman said...

    Thanks April!!! We are so loving the house- you need to come see it! And we need to see yours too!

    PS- I am painting furniture next weekend! So excited and I need to remember to take some pics while I am doing it for a post!!!

  3. ... on October 7, 2012 at 8:31 PM  
  4. Bobbie Bruton said...

    Yay! Another blog! House is amazing on the inside, too! Love you guys...especially Miss Emaily Anne!

  5. ... on October 7, 2012 at 10:38 PM