I had my second baby shower (I still need to get pics from my first so I can do a post from it too!) today and it was so beautiful.  Keenan's aunt, Liz, hosted the shower.  We had our wedding reception at her house so some of you may remember that.  She is such an amazing hostess!  This shower was with a specific group of women- the quilt retreat ladies.    This group of ladies have been getting together for a quilt retreat weekend once a year for some time.  Each year varies just a bit, so one year we may all give Lori some money and she purchases enough fabric so that we all have enough to make our own quilt- though it will be the same or at least similar to everyone else's.  Other years, she tells us how much of each type of fabric to buy and we give it to her, then she will cut it into pieces that will go in each of our kits.  A few years ago, when I was going through chemo, I was at home since I couldn't work that year and Lori invited me to quilt retreat.  It was so fun!  I used one of Lori's machines and hung out with 15-20 fun ladies.  We ate amazing food, quilted, talked and ate chocolate!  Sadly, though, that was the year that we had an ice storm in February, so our retreat was cut short.  Too late for me though- I was hooked.  Soon after this, Lori got me my own machine (Baby Lock Grace- and its all about the machine!!!) and I did a few more quilts over the course of the year.  I have since been to two more quilt retreats and they are SO. MUCH. FUN.!  Delicious food + amazing ladies = one of my favorite weekends of the year!  I am really looking forward to this year's retreat because Emily Anne will be able to attend!!!  This group of women have blessed me in so many ways- I love being able to spend time with them!  So, today's shower was with this group of women and it was wonderful!

When I first showed up, Lori grabbed me and said I HAD to go in the front door and this was why:


Yes, that's a pumpkin-head baby!  It is now on my front porch!


The food table with a beautiful canvas painting Liz had gotten at a craft festival.  It is hanging in EA's room already (just not in its final place yet!).




My amazing hostess!!!  Seriously, you talk about having the gift of hospitality!


Cute table decorations!

One of the games: identifying what's in the "dirty diaper".  There were eight diapers with a different kind of chocolate candy melted inside and we had to guess.


If anyone knows my gag reflex right now and how I can just think about something gross for about 45 seconds and lose it-- this was quite a feat for me to complete!


And just for the record- I went 8 for 8!


Shirley (Keenan's grandmother!) and Annette

Renee, Jacque and Randy


Pam and Lynda


Fran and Mabel Anne


Dottie and Becky

Kay and Liz


Me with some of the goodies!!!!

This was from a funny game we played.  There were about 10 items in this bag (some baby related, some not) and I had to make up a story that included the items as I pulled them out.  It was so funny!


Some items were pretty easy- like these pacifiers....


Some not so much......like this canned dog food (shout out for Boone!).

Two hardest items to put into my story- the Butt-Aid cream and the dog food!


 This next thing may have been the sweetest thing EVER.  When Liz sent out the invites for the shower, she included a pattern and the white pieces for each person to create a quilt square with pinks.  Each person included it in their present and they had signed it.  This is so special!  Two people could not be there so those are the two missing squares but isn't this just the sweetest thing?!?!  They are going to put a border on it for me and quilt it!  I am so glad each person has their name on their square-- it is just such a wonderful reminder about how invested this group of ladies is in my life and now in EA's life and I LOVE it!  I really cannot truly express how much this means to me--I just love it!


 Lori (Keenan's mom), Shirley (Keenan's grandmother, Liz and Lori's mom), me and Liz (Keenan's aunt)

Truly a wonderful group of ladies and I am so blessed to have them at my shower today!  Thank you to Liz and to everyone else who helped out- it was a wonderful day!




This entry was posted on 8:24 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Taylor Wise said...

    What a fun baby shower! So beautiful. There is nothing like the first baby!

  1. ... on October 25, 2012 at 2:28 PM