I write this post today with bittersweet feelings.  I am going to be leaving my school and a wonderful team of ladies and going to Westminster Christian Academy to a part-time kindergarten position.  I am so excited about what next year holds but I am very sad to be leaving my school and this community.  Honestly, I used to love the fact that I did not teach in the same place that I lived because I am basically a grump in public (I think) and I was afraid of seeing my kiddos (and their parents) at the grocery store and all.  But now that I am leaving this area that is about an hour away from my house, I am sad that I will not get to continue to see them around town.  I won't bump into them and that makes me sad.  There are students who found (or wedged, ha!!) their way into my heart and many parents as well.  Most of all, though, I will miss the friendships I have made along the way.  I will miss my fellow Pre-K teachers, my most-awesome car pool buddy who does live in Athens but is moving to China (!!) for 2 years (remember when we found out we lived in the same neighborhood, an hour away?!?!), my para who not only encouraged me but held me accountable in all areas of life, and my first grade team.  You have all seen me through so many life changes, from being a newlywed to my cancer diagnosis, to my 6 months of chemo and 1 month of radiation, to my pregnancy and birth of my sweet little girl.  I thank you for all of your love and support through all of these--- it would not have been the same without you!

To my first grade team, I leave the known fact that "1st Grade Rocks"- in the real way!!!  I will miss each and every one of you!!!

While I am quite sad to leave, I am just as excited to be starting this new chapter in my life.  Keenan and I always knew that I would need to be doing something even once we had children and at first, I thought I would keep kids.  However, a part-time K position opened up and after praying about it, we decided I should pursue it.  I am so excited that I got the position because I will now be able to be home part time with my sweet baby girl.  I am so excited to invest my professional and personal time into WCA, the school Keen has already been at for 3 years.  We love and believe in this school and what it stands for and truly love all the faculty, staff, students and parents!!  I am so excited to be welcomed by them and to work alongside them!!!

So, while I say a sad farewell to my current system I say hello to an exciting future!!!


This entry was posted on 8:58 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    Mary Walsh said...

    It is bittersweet to move on and leave a lot of people you love behind but new relationships await you and you will have more time to spend with that beautiful Emily Anne!

  1. ... on May 24, 2013 at 9:27 AM  
  2. Diana Maria said...

    wow! so excited for y'all!

  3. ... on May 27, 2013 at 8:33 AM