On my way to the grocery store yesterday I noticed some beautiful storms building around us. The clouds towered high into the air and shone really bright as the sun reflected off their tops. The scene reminded me of Alaska where I would sometimes mistake the huge, snow-capped peaks for clouds. I made it home just before the sky grew dark and lightning began striking the woods in our backyard. Before long the rain came in torrents, which pushed our trip departure back by an hour or so - we were on our way to Suwannee. Boone seemed mildly depressed over the rain (see above). He usually enjoys the back porch in late afternoon.

The exciting news we have to share is that I got a job this week! I'm the new high school history teacher at Westminster Christian Academy! Sarah and I could not be more excited about this opportunity. For a long time we thought I'd teach, but the window for getting hired kept closing in to the point where we were exploring other options (firefighting, to name one). I guess it's never too late, because I received an enthusiastic phone call from the principal at Westminster asking if I would be interested in teaching American, European, and World History. That's like the Triple Crown of history teaching!!! I told them I'd have to discuss the opportunity with my wife, but I knew this was a no-brainer for us both. I accepted the job and immediately received the preparation materials. I'll be spending significant time over the next month building a classroom model and preparing lesson plans. I can't wait to get started! Thanks to everyone who have been so supportive throughout the job hunt.


This entry was posted on 3:27 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

    amay said...

    That is a SWEET job Keenan! Congratulations!

  1. ... on June 26, 2010 at 4:44 PM  
  2. Aimee said...

    That's cool Keenan!

  3. ... on June 26, 2010 at 7:44 PM  
  4. Matt said...

    Good job. I assume you'll start this fall.

  5. ... on June 27, 2010 at 10:02 PM  
  6. Nick H. said...

    Congratulations Keenan! That's so exciting for you and Sarah. I can't wait to hear stories from your classroom!

  7. ... on June 28, 2010 at 11:54 AM