If any of you recall my post a bit back about being a first time mom, you would probably think I would be thrilled about my baby girl growing up some!  Those first weeks were really tough!  I have told some people that when EA started sleeping longer stretches at night, I got my sanity back.  Then when she started napping in bigger chunks (as opposed to the 30 minute naps!) I got my time back.  I no longer had to decide if I wanted to eat breakfast or shower (and you can probably guess which one won out most of  time, ha!) in the first nap of the day.  Every nap, I had exactly 30 minutes to get things done.  Then, this happened:


She found her thumb!!!  Now, she takes a 2 hour nap in the morning, a 2 hour nap in the afternoon and about a 1 hour nap in the early evening.  Yes, its heavenly.  Yesterday (since my house was already clean from the shower we threw on Sunday), I actually felt like I ran out of things on my to-do list.  That's happened, like, never!  Granted, I still have things on my long term to-do (yes, type A here- multiple to do lists!) but I had done everything that needed to be done yesterday and for the next few days!  Thank you thumb.

We did a lot of things yesterday, like:

Go to our neighborhood pool- she cracked up!  A lot!

She and Keenan watched a few Disney songs on the ipad!

Played with Marty, the zebra.

The other thing we did yesterday was go to a 4 hour feed schedule.  She has been ready for about 2 weeks now but I have been hanging on to the 5 feeds a day.  I love the schedule of the 4 hour feed but it was just an emotional step for me.  I can't explain why this and not other things made me feel like she is growing up so quickly, but it did.

When I was going back to school I would still feed her at 5am, head to school and she would feed every 3 hours.  Now, she wasn't napping great yet so the 3 hour schedule was good.  As I neared the end of my month of being back, she was not stirring at 5 or 5:30 so I was waking her up to feed her.  I didn't think she needed it, but I didn't want our moms to have to decide at 6:30 when she stirred because Keen was getting ready if she needed to eat or could she wait until 8am.  So, I kept feeding her.  As soon as I was done with school, though we stopped the early morning feed.  No emotions there-- probably because I got to sleep more, ha!

So then we were down to 5 feeds a day.  As her naps started to lengthen, I was having to wake her up to eat (the biggest sign that she was ready to stretch out feeds) and she naturally started to transition to a 3 1/2 hour feed schedule.  Then, her naps got even longer and she pretty much just pushed herself to the 4 hour schedule.  But, I held on to an extra feed after her short evening nap and would basically feed her again about an hour later before bed.  Then, yesterday, I did it.  We just did 4 feeds.  She, of course, did great but it still was hard for me.  She is just growing up to quickly.  I really just want to freeze time!!!  Since I can't, I am really trying to enjoy every moment I can with her.  So, I didn't expect it to be hard for me to go to this schedule because I have been excited about it for a long time, but it was.



This entry was posted on 2:30 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Diana Maria said...

    Love reading about your momma-ing time! You're wonderful!

  1. ... on June 6, 2013 at 6:02 AM