EA has officially rolled over!  Well, she was already rolling from tummy to her back but now she is going from back to tummy.  Not all the time but sometimes.  Sometimes, her arm is still stuck under her and she can't remember that she knows how to pull it out!  She loves rolling up onto her side to see more things (like the tv, which stays off pretty much until she goes to bed for the night!) and to look at us.  This morning, I pulled out a quilt and put her on it and she rolled all the way to the tv and looked at our dvds, ha!

Yesterday was a big day for us.  My mom, aunt and uncle came up to visit EA (and see our house for the first time) and hung out for a bit.  While they were here, I had to go because I was helping with a baby shower.  I was thinking I was really late and even called a friend to ask her to grab balloons and just come on over.  She told me how our other friend was going to go back to her house to get ready and all I can think is.....It starts at 2pm, you don't have time.  Like I thought about calling our other friend to tell her.  Then, I get to the house where we are doing the baby shower and realize...Oh, it doesn't start till 3pm.  Yep, can't even remember the time of a shower I was helping to throw.  Its just mommy brain, right????

The shower was so fun.  There were so many people and it was awesome catching up with 305 girls (from where we lived in college!).  I hope to get pics soon and I will post some of them because we did some cool activities at the shower.

While I was at the shower, Keen got to hang out with EA all by himself.  Sometimes I would run out to the store or something so its not like he has never been with her alone but this was the longest time.  And it had a feeding in it!  Other a few people have given her a bottle and this was Keen's first time.  I think it took him a bit to work out the kinks but I think it was a very special time for him.  They had so much fun and she apparently laughed (like REALLY laughed) for about 10 minutes.  I can't wait to experience that!!  I am so glad that they got to spend that time together.  Keen did tell me later that he appreciates the mental-ness that goes into caring for her.  Just how when you are awake with her, you are thinking all about her but normally, it is the two of us playing with her or me so he doesn't have to be so mentally involved (that sounds so weird, ha!) but yesterday he said he was thinking so much about here obviously while she was awake but also when she was sleeping.  He said it was just different.  And it is.  Its not the same mental energy as anything else you do, like studying or something.  Its almost like its just an extension of you, just an ever present thought even if you are not constantly focusing on her, the mental awareness is always there.

That was definitely true of me at the shower too!  I felt like I was missing a body part being away from her!  I knew she wasn't with me but I kept thinking in my mind (not in a panic though), Where is she?? It was just kind of weird.

Thats about all for now!  In other news, I think we are weaning off the nipple shield, yeah!!!!!  So excited if this actually happens because then I won't have to make sure it comes with me when we go places!!!  I will do a bigger post on this soon if we are successful in getting off of it.  I still don't care that I used and am still using it- I just would love to not have to make sure I have it when I go out!  (I do keep an extra one that I NEVER use in the diaper bag just in case I were to ever forget, but its just a backup and I will bring my regular one if we go out.)

Wow- I haven't put a single pic on here.  I will leave you with this:

Don't know why it stretched like this and I can't figure out how to unstretch it, sorry!!!  She is still super cute- even all stretchy!



This entry was posted on 10:30 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: